We are seeking a Full-Time Registered or Experienced Veterinary Technician. Our office is open Monday - Friday 8am-6pm and Saturday 7:30am-12pm. Applicant should be flexible with scheduling. Applicant must be able to perform all aspects of veterinary medicine independently with little supervision. Experience in exotic animal care is a plus. Our hospital utilizes DVMAX Veterinary Health Management Software. We offer in house laboratory services, digital radiology, and dental radiology.
Benefits include competitive pay (based on experience), health insurance, paid holidays, and paid vacation.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Proper animal handling and restraint
- Venipuncture and IV catheter placement
- Anesthesia dosage calculations, induction of anesthesia, and monitoring
- Assist veterinarian in surgery
- Dispense and administer oral, topical, and injectable medication as prescribed by veterinarian
- Accurately acquire images using digital radiography
- Perform dental procedures under supervision of veterinarian
- Perform in house blood/urine analysis using IDEXX analyzers
- Prepare and read fecal floatations, ear cytologies, and skin cytologies
- Enter medical history and charges into computer software (DVMAX)
- Educate clients and administer post-operative release instructions
- Cleaning and stocking treatment room and surgical suite
- Must be self-motivated and able to work well with others
- Must be compassionate and professional with our patients and their owners
- One year of experience or more preferred
We require our hospital application to be filled out and submitted along with your resume. Application can be found on our website www.highlandanimalhosp.com. Please email completed application to email@example.com or drop-off at the hospital during business hours. Thank you.
Highland Animal Hospital
9308 Indianapolis Blvd.
Highland, IN 46322